Looking for iPhone installation Guide?
Supported Android Models
Google Pixel 3, 3XL, 3a, 3aXL
Google Pixel 4, 4XL
Samsung Galaxy Fold
Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S20+
Check Android device is network unlocked
Here is how you can check if an Android phone is locked/Unlocked.
- First go to Settings.
- Go to Connections.
- Go to Networks (maybe Mobile Networks or Cellular Networks, depending on your phone model and the version of Android OS it’s using).
- Select Networks Operators.*It may take a short time for the phone to search for available networks.
If available networks appear, the phone is probably unlocked. To make sure, choose one and try to make a call.
If only one result comes back from the network search, or if the Search Networks option is unavailable in the Networks menu, then the phone is most likely locked to the carrier.
However, keep in mind that this method is not 100% accurate. To confirm your phone’s status try using this next test. It’s a little more complicated, but it’ll give you a final answer on if your phone is locked or unlocked.
For this test, you need two SIM cards for your phone from two different carriers.
- First, turn off your phone’s power.
- Remove your phone’s SIM card with a removal tool or a paperclip. Watch this video for how to tell if an Android phone is unlocked.
- Replace the SIM card with the other SIM card from a different carrier.
- Turn on the power again.
- You can now see that the carrier’s name at the top of your home screen has changed.
- Now dial a call.
If the call connects, your phone is unlocked. If you now can’t place a call, the phone is locked to the first carrier. At this point, you may also see on the screen a message explaining that the phone is locked.
Android installation instructions
- Please make sure you have purchased the "Mobile LTE package" from the app or our website.
- Received the QR code via email (the email address added during sign-up)
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet.
- Next to “Mobile network,” tap Add +.
- Tap Don’t have a SIM card? > Next.
- When asked, "Use 2 numbers?" tap Continue.
- Tap Restart.
- After your phone restarts, open your Settings app.
- Tap Network & internet > Mobile network.
- To set call and text preferences, tap your networks.
Tip: To have your phone ask your network preference every time, tap Ask me every time.